Strategic Marketing Plan Development
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.”
Sun Tzu is overquoted, but we wholeheartedly agree with these words of the ancient Chinese military strategist. Any company – big or small – should know its strategic direction. We can help you answer these seemingly simple questions:
– What is your current strategic environment and which industry are you really competing in?
– What is your temporal strategic horizon? In other words, how many years ahead do you want to plan for?
– Where do you want to be in the end of this period in terms of technologies, products, markets, etc.?
– How can you realistically get to this desired position in the most efficient way?
For this purpose we will work with you to create a Strategic Marketing Plan (SMP). The structure of the SMP may be a bit different in each particular case, but overall it will contain:
– Definition of strategic vision for the Marketing function, aligned with the overall strategy of the company
– Analysis of your customers, competitors, technologies used, legal environment, and other relevant external factors
– Market potential model per customer segment, including projected growth per segment
– Analysis of the company’s product portfolio, brand, communications, pricing, and profit structure
– Analysis of internal resources
– List of potential strategies to achieve the strategic vision
– Strategy selection based on clear criteria to define the company’s approach in terms of technologies, geographic expansion, new product development, positioning, pricing, communication channels, branding, etc.
– Identification of required resources and proposal for Marketing investments to achieve the defined goals
Normally a successful SMP requires significant market research, which we will also perform for you.
The SMP is a serious project which can significantly change the trajectory of the company and its focus. You can expect this project to last 6 to 12 months, depending on the committed resources. Contact us if you are interested in discussing further how we can help you in creating a Strategic Marketing Plan for your company.
CASE STUDY: CREATING A MARKETING STRATEGY FOR AN AUSTRIAN UNIVERSITY
Some Industries We Have Experience In